INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT AIRLINES & AIRCRAFTS
*Love Such Mails ? Join This
• All International Airline Pilots speaks English.
• Flights longer than 8 hours require 3 pilots (1 captain and 2 first
officers) to rotate flying duties. Flights longer than 12 hours require 4
pilots (1 captain and 3 first officers). They usually fly 3-4 hour shifts.
(There are different norms of Indian companies Pilots)
• Each airline pilot flying the aircraft, eats a different meal to minimize
the risk of all pilots on board being ill.
• On average, pilots fly between 9 and 14 days a month (Indian companies
pilot fly 24 to 26 days)
• All airlines have an agreement to let each others' travelling pilots
occupy empty seats. If no seats are available, the travelling pilot can
also occupy an extra seat in the cockpit that is usually empty.
• The main function of flight attendants are for the safety and security of
their passengers, and passenger comfort is only secondary.
• The first female flight attendants in 1930 were required to weigh less
than 115 pounds. In addition, they had to be nurses and unmarried.
• Flight attendants must not have any tattoos visible when a uniform is
worn. These requirements are designed to give the airlines a positive
• The normal ratio of Flight Attendants to passenger seats is one Flight
Attendant for every 50 passenger seats.
• The height requirement for Flight Attendant is for safety reasons, making
sure that all flight attendants can reach overhead safety equipment.
• The normal ratio of Lavatories to passengers is approximately one
lavatory for every 50 passengers.
• An air traveler can lose approximately 1.5 liters of water in the body
during a three-hour flight.
• The reason why the lights are turned out during takeoff and landing – Is
for your eyes to adjust to lower levels of light. If there's an accident
and they have to activate the emergency slides, studies have shown that you
will be able to see better and therefore be able to evacuate more quickly
• The World's largest Airline in terms of Fleet Size is Delta Airlines
(United States) with 744 aircraft and 121 aircraft on order as of March
• The largest passenger plane is the Airbus 380 - nearly 240 feet long,
almost 80 feet high, and has a wingspan of more than 260 feet. The
double-Decker plane has a standard seating capacity of 555 passengers.
• The world's busiest airport in terms of passenger volume or the number of
takeoffs and landings, is Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States – with more than 88 million passengers
shuffled through the Atlanta airport in 2009, with another 20 million in
the first three months of 2010, and with aircraft take-off and landings
approximately every 37 seconds.
• The Internet/On-Line check-in was first used by Alaskan Airlines in 1999.
• The world's Largest Airport is Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan
(as of 2011). By 2013 Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates is planned to be the largest airport in the world.
• The airport with the longest runway in the world is Qamdo Bangda Airport
in the Peoples Republic of China with 5.50 kilometers in length (as of
• American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by removing 1 olive from each
salad served in first class.
• In 2009, Southwest served 63.2 million cans of soda, juices, and water;
14.3 million alcoholic beverages; 14 million bags of pretzels; 90 million
bags of peanuts; 17.7 million Select-A-Snacks; and 33.5 million other
• Singapore Airlines spends about $700 million on food every year and $16
million on wine alone. First class passengers consume 20,000 bottles of
alcohol every month and Singapore Airlines is the second largest buyer of
Dom Perignon champagne in the world.
• Cathay Pacific carries rice cookers, toasters, cappuccino makers and
skillets on board their airplanes.
• KLM of Netherlands stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij
(meaning Royal Dutch Airlines).
• KLM is the worlds' oldest airline established in 1919.
• QUANTAS - Australia's national airline, originally stood for Queensland
And Northern Territories Air Service.
• QUANTAS is the second world's oldest airline established in 1920.
• QUANTAS still has the world's best safety record with no crashes as of
• Virgin Atlantic lists catering as their third biggest expense, after fuel
• American Airlines spent about $425 million on food for domestic
passengers in 2001.
• In one year, British Airways passengers consume:
* 40.5 tons of chicken
* 6 tons of caviar
* 22 tons of smoked salmon
* 557,507 boxes of chocolate
* 90 thousand cases (9 liter cases) of sparkling wine.
• Abu Dhabi Airport Services once did a complete turn-around for a Boeing
777 in under 40 minutes, as opposed to a normal minimum of one hour. They
unloaded passengers, cargo, mail, cleaned the aircraft, and loaded outbound
passengers, cargo and mail in that short time.
• In 2001, Dubai Duty Free sold 1,570,214 cartons of cigarettes, 2,003,151
bottles of liquor, 2,909 kilograms of gold, 101,824 watches, 690,502
bottles of perfume, 52,119 mobile phones.
• In-flight catering is an $18 billion worldwide industry employing up to
*Bollywood celebs added:*
Esha Gupta on sets<http://lifeceleb.com/bollywood-celebs/1199-esha-gupta-on-the-sets-of-laugh-india-laugh.html>
Of Laugh India<http://lifeceleb.com/bollywood-celebs/1199-esha-gupta-on-the-sets-of-laugh-india-laugh.html>
at Raj Kundra's<http://lifeceleb.com/bollywood-celebs/1201-bollywood-celebrities-at-raj-kundras-birthday-bash.html>
Love Such Mails ? Join This Group
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Referensi dari Moderator
=========================== =========================== ===========================
making THOUSAND of dollars a month with
International On-line TRAVEL AGENT
TVI EXPRESS Indonesia, Jakarta Office.
browse to : http://bit.ly/bxoXqG
- Unique FORCE MATRIX - bottom to UP -
4 kedalaman saja - CYCLE OUT - !! FAST !
USD $ 10 000.- (Rp. 100.000.000.-) BONUS for 2nd CYCLE OUT
browse to : http://bit.ly/bxoXqG
Strong TEAM Support: moderator or
direct e-mail to: email@example.com
for support, question or e-voucher by LibertyReserve transaction
Congratulations for members achieve their fist USD $ 500.- bonus at 4 depth Cycle;
Congratulations for members entering second 4 depth Cycle to get
USD $ 10.000.- bonus;
ID:Karto2,ID:Balelo43,ID:duabo,ID:manta2345,ID:sfarman ; ID:firmato34; ID:dukun5
New Member ? go to http://bit.ly/bxoXqG > Media Center > Downloads
Free Download your Sales Tools here.
<a href="https://www.tviexpress.com/perdana1"><img src="https://www.tviexpress.com/member/images/banners/250-250-4.jpg" width="250" height="250" border="0"/></a>Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: